Friday, May 22, 2009

May 21



I am starting this blog a few months into the season. So far to date, I have designed and marked off the 400 square feet into four equal squares using a French potager-type model. I have planted broccoli starts, squash seeds, corn seeds four tomatoes, and six peppers . I am waiting for June 10 to plant six Japanese eggplants and four melons. Sometime in June, I'll plant a winter squash. Right now, I have some areas covered in black plastic mulch: the winter squash triangle and the broccoli. The tomatoes have red plastic mulch. I made a cloche for the peppers with baling wire and Remay. So far, everything is living. I'm in the process of wrapping Remay around the tomato cages to protect them until mid-June. I'm hoping to take pictures today and upload them to my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment